Our Trustees govern our Charity and provide strategic direction. Day to day operations are led by our Chief Executive and Senior Leadership Team.
To be considered for the role of Trustee you must demonstrate that you:
- have the capability to operate effectively at a strategic level;
- will commit the necessary time to undertake the Trustee role; and
- have the passion and commitment to become a member of our Trustee Board
An additional prerequisite for the role of Trustee (Income Generation and Marketing) is to demonstrate that you have a successful record at senior executive level in income generation and/or marketing.
There is an opportunity for applicants to have an informal telephone discussion about the Charity and the Trustee role should you wish to do so. To make arrangements please contact Vicki Fox on 01256 368865. This will not form part of the selection process.
For further information about The Fire Fighters Charity you can view our Strategic Plan 2017-2020 Our report and accounts can be made available to you on request.
Further information about becoming a Trustee can found on the Charity Commission website www.charitycommission.gov.uk
Click the buttons below to download a letter from the Chair of the Trustee Board, the full Trustee role descriptions, code of conduct and a Company Member information guide.
Letter from the Chair of the Trustee Board
If you wish to make an application, please:
- Complete our online application form and monitoring forms by clicking on the buttons below:
- Download our application form and monitoring form and scan and return them by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post your completed application form to Vicki Fox, PA to the Executive Team, The Fire Fighters Charity, Belvedere, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 4HG
Please ensure that you indicate on your application which Trustee role you are applying for:
Trustee (Income Generation and Marketing)
If you are applying for the Trustee (Income Generation and Marketing) role, please refer to the role description for this position and the Trustee (General) role description.
Closing date for this position: 9am 23 September 2019
Applications will be shortlisted using the role description criteria. Those shortlisted will be invited to attend an interview at our Head Office in Basingstoke on either Tuesday 01 or Wednesday 02 October 2019.
The Fire Fighters Charity meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and as listed in the Police Act 1997 (Criminal Records) Regulations 2002.
The voluntary position you are applying for is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check.