Our Trustees govern our Charity and provide strategic direction. Day to day operations are led by our Chief Executive and Senior Leadership Team.
To be considered for the role of Trustee you must demonstrate that you:
- have the capability to operate effectively at a strategic level;
- will commit the necessary time to undertake the Trustee role; and
- have the passion and commitment to become a member of our Trustee Board.
In addition to the requirements of the Trustee (General) role you must demonstrate that you are a qualified accountant, preferably with experience of charity finance / accounting.
In addition to the requirements of the Trustee (General) role you must demonstrate that you are a registered health / social care professional.
There is an opportunity for applicants to have an informal telephone discussion about the Charity and the Trustee role should you wish to do so. To make arrangements please contact Vicki Fox on 01256 368865. This will not form part of the selection process.
For further information about The Fire Fighters Charity you can view our Strategic Plan 2017-2020 and our recent progress update. Our report and accounts can be made available to you on request.
Further information about becoming a Trustee can found on the Charity Commission website www.charitycommission.gov.uk
Click the buttons below to download the full Trustee role description and code of conduct.
If you wish to apply for this role you can do so via our online form, by email or by post.
- Complete our online application and monitoring forms by clicking on the buttons below.
- Download our application and monitoring forms, scan and return it by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Post your completed application form to Vicki Fox, PA to the Executive Team, The Fire Fighters Charity, Belvedere, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 4HG
Please ensure that you indicate on your application which Trustee role you are applying for:
If you are applying for either the Trustee (Finance) or Trustee (Clinical) role, please refer to both the relevant role description and the Trustee (General) role description.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Tuesday 28th August 2018
Applications will be shortlisted using the role description criteria. Those shortlisted will be invited to attend an interview at our Head Office in Basingstoke on either Tuesday 11th or Wednesday 12th September 2018.
The Fire Fighters Charity meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and as listed in the Police Act 1997 (Criminal Records) Regulations 2002.
The voluntary position you are applying for is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check.