This challenge takes place from Sunday 26 November to Saturday 2 December 2023. You will trek over 5 days, over varying desert terrain, experiencing dramatic changes in temperature, as well as desert camping. A true challenge!
Deadline to register: Friday 3 March 2023
- Experience the terrain and the wildlife of the Sahara Desert;
- Trek over plateaus and sand dunes and through valleys, gorges, and stunning oases;
- Trek between 15-30km per day, reaching a total of 100km;
- Experience the extremes of the desert’s day and night temperatures;
- Sleep under canvas looking at the clear African skies;
- Enjoy a final night celebration to salute the group’s impressive achievement;
- Be well looked after on a fully supported trek with camels, desert guides and cooks.
Option 1 – Minimum Fundraising Commitment
Complete the online booking form and pay a non-refundable registration fee of £400 to Tribal Tracks Ltd (account details are on the booking form).
Then, in addition to the payment of the non-refundable registration fee of £400, team members must also pledge to raise a minimum of £2345 sponsorship for The Fire Fighters Charity (“the minimum sponsorship sum”). A minimum of 80% (£1876) of the minimum sponsorship sum must be received by The Fire Fighters Charity at least ten weeks before you depart.
The balance of the fundraising sum (a minimum of £469 (£2345 less £1876) is due no later than 4 weeks after you return from the challenge.
Option 2 – Self Funding Payment
The total cost of the trip is £1745 per person. You will need to complete our online booking form and pay a non-refundable registration fee of £400 to Tribal Tracks Ltd (account details are on the booking form). The final payment of £1345 is due 10 weeks before departure – you will be invoiced by Tribal Tracks Ltd.
The Fire Fighters Charity asks you to aim for an additional fundraising amount of at least £500 per person. A minimum of 80% (£400) of the this must be received, in clear funds, by The Fire Fighters Charity at least ten weeks before you depart. If you do this, your place on the challenge is secured. The balance of the fundraising sum (a minimum of £100) is due no later than 4 weeks after the trek is complete.