Next week The Fire Fighters Charity will be at The Emergency Services Show on Wednesday 20th and Thursday 21st on stand M44.
During the show on the 20th September, two of our psychological therapists, Kerry Hodgkinson and AJ Whitaker will be giving a seminar – Enabling positive mental health in the fire community, from 12:00 – 12:30 in the Health and Wellbeing Theatre.
This session explains the psychological intervention we offer, the issues and challenges faced, including trauma, and the difference our intervention makes to the fire and rescue community.
Aims of the presentation:
- To explain the psychological intervention offered to the firefighting community.
- To discuss the issues and challenges faced by the firefighting community including trauma.
- To look at the difference the services makes to the firefighting community.
What we provide to enable positive mental health in the fire community:
- A primary psychological residential rehabilitation programme.
- A self-referral pathway for those attending the physical rehabilitation programme.
- Psychological and heath education/workshops.
If you are at the show come and see us on stand M44 to learn more about The Fire Fighters Charity.