The Nightrider series of events is back for 2018, and we have Charity Places remaining for Glasgow and Liverpool. Come join our team in one of these very special night-time events.
Glasgow – 19th and 20th May 2018
London – 9th and 10th June 2018 SOLD OUT
Liverpool – 14th and 15th July 2018
Distance: 50km or 100km
Nightrider, the iconic charity night bike ride is the perfect backdrop for the best night out. It is a fun and quirky way to explore a city’s top sights, latest attractions and famous landmarks.
This is a one day charity ride with a difference…it’s at night! Nightrider is all about getting together with your friends, family or work colleagues and taking on a challenge together in a fun way. This is not a timed ride and it’s not a sportive, but it is all about having a good time together, seeing the sights and raising funds.
Full support, back up and regular break stops are provided throughout the night, along with a well-earned breakfast and medal at the finish.
- Enjoy cycling past iconic sights in this unique charity bike ride at night.
- The route is fully sign-posted. You can cycle at your own pace and follow the signs. GPS route will also be released.
- Choice of cities and routes – 50km or 100km
- Amazing atmosphere with hundreds of cyclists riding together, raising funds.
- Great event to do with friends or work colleagues. Why not get a team together?
- Nightrider is organised by leading charity challenge company Classic Challenge, who have been organising challenge events for twenty-five years.
Is Nightrider for me?
- If you’re looking for a different and enjoyable challenge then this is for you!
- You should be confident in cycling alongside traffic as some roads are busy even at night. The route is mainly on quieter roads, but do take in some lively spots, which will be busy with the public and vehicles.
- This event is not a race and is not timed and we encourage people to cycle responsibly. Most people complete the 100km route in 6-8 hours.
- You should be prepared to put in some training prior to the event – it is a challenge and you will need to be able to cycle 50km or 100km. We therefore do not recommend this event for beginner riders.
Sound like the event for you? We’d love you to join the Fire Fighters Charity Nightrider team on one of our limited Charity Places.
How do I get involved?
You need to pay a £39 registration fee and we ask to you commit to raising £175 minimum sponsorship for us. We will give you lots of support, help and advice to set you on the way to fundraising success.
To secure your place in Nightrider please click below on your chosen city to complete the short registration form and pay your registration fee. You can select which distance you would like to register for. We’ll then be in touch to welcome you to the team and support you on your way.
Starting from a central location both routes will take you past many of city’s most famous landmarks. The route is currently in development and will be released in early 2018.
This action-packed event includes all the city’s iconic landmarks and legendary musical heritage sites. The first 50km loop starts with a ride through the Mersey Tunnel (which will be closed to other traffic) over to the Wirral Peninsula. Highlights include the Royal Liverpool Golf Club, West Kirby and Port Sunlight, plus there are spectacular views back over the city centre. Loop 2 takes in some world-famous landmarks: Liverpool’s historic waterfront, Albert Dock, Echo Arena, Cavern Club, Empire Theatre, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Knotty Ash, Anfield Stadium (Liverpool FC) and Goodison Park (Everton FC).
Already got a place?
If you’ve already signed up for Night Rider 2018, then please let us know as we would love you to ride as part of our cycling team. By fundraising for us, you will receive support from our fundraising team. All you need to do is contact us and let us know.
Stuck for ideas on how to fundraise? Firstly, it’s wise to break your fundraising target down into manageable chunks. Plan local events such as pub quizzes, car boot sales or company cake days and be sure to create your own personal web page using the Just Giving buttons above. Social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter can also help generate awareness.
Have a read through of the Frequently Asked Question document here if you’d like any more information.
Full terms and conditions of Nightrider can be found here.