We exist to support the mental, physical and social needs of all serving and retired members of the UK's fire family. Here's everything you need to know about how we could support you or your loved ones.
Individual support, tailored to you
Ensuring you have access to the right support, provided in the right way, and at the right time. This is the cornerstone on which our support philosophy is based. We know that everybody is different, that no two injuries are the same and that no two people may be affected in the same way by incidents they experience. So we treat every one of our beneficiaries as individuals, taking time to fully understand your mental, physical and social needs, whatever the primary reason for your reaching out for support. This simple philosophy underpins everything we do to support you. Read more about our approach to support here.
Call our Support Line on 0800 389 8820
How we could help you
The Fire Fighters Charity offers specialist lifelong support for members of the UK fire services community, empowering individuals to achieve mental, physical and social wellbeing throughout their lives. We provide independent, personalised support to thousands of people each year, and they’re not all firefighters. We exist to support all fire and rescue service personnel, whatever their role in the service. We are also here for all those who have retired, as well as for spouses and dependants.
If one of these applies to you or your loved one, you are eligible for our help*
• Fire services personnel (wholetime, retained, on-call, uniformed, control or support)
• Former fire personnel with five years’ service (or two if you were made redundant)
• Medically retired fire personnel (no qualifying length of service required)
• Works firefighters and former works firefighters with five years’ service
• Ministry of Defence firefighters and former MoD firefighters with five years’ service
• Those who manage or assist a Fire Services Youth Scheme
• Fire services chaplains or faith leaders
• Eligible dependants of any of the above
• Fire services volunteers
*(qualifying criteria may apply)
Browse our library of self-help resources that covers a range of topics that may affect your health and wellbeing. There's articles, videos and information from our teams covering all matters of mental health, physical health and social wellbeing, so there's something for everyone.
From dealing with life-changing injury or health diagnosis to an unexpected curve ball thrown up by life, here are some of the stories of those whose lives have been changed for the better by their time with The Fire Fighters Charity.